John Barclay has produced more than 250 corporate and educational productions since winning the Canadian Independent Short Film Showcase award in 1983 for “Bay Street Tap”. An accomplished film/video editor, his credits as Producer with Triune Productions (est. 1985) include the award-winning “A Laughing Matter”, a 1/2 hour family comedy used in multicultural and cross-cultural education, “Key to Freedom”, a 35mm Theatrical Public Service Announcement for Amnesty International, “You’re Hired – The Basics Of Customer Service For Youth”, a training series sold around the world and the acclaimed educational series on conflict resolution entitled, “Resolving Conflict Creatively”.
With a belief that effective media can be a catalyst for social change, John has produced (pro bono) many videos for local community groups. With his fundraising and sponsorship experience in both the public and private sectors, John has developed winning proposals for the Kemptville Farmers’ Market, the 2014 Dandelion Festival and Triune Arts, a charity for which he acts as Executive Director.
Believing that economic development and community development go hand-in-hand, John has supported and strengthened many promising initiatives and organizations in North Grenville. These include the Old Town Kemptville Business Improvement Area, the Kemptville Youth Centre, the Kemptville Farmers’ Market, the North Grenville Business Builders, the 1812 Grenville Militia, as well as key heritage projects and community events in Oxford Mills.
John’s Volunteer Activities
- Director, 2014 – 2016 Kemptville Kinsmen Farmers’ Market
- Director, 2009 – 2017 Oxford Mills Community Association
- Member, 2015 – 2017 Economic Development Advisory Committee, Municipality of North Grenville
- Director, 2014 Dandelion Festival
- Member, 2013 – 2017 MyView Youth Film Festival Organizing Committee
- Member, 2013 – 2016 MarketPlates Organizing Committee
- Member, 2014 -2017 Kemptville College Renewal Task Force, Communications Sub-Committee
- Founding Member and Private, 1812 Grenville Militia
- Founding member and Executive Director, Triune Arts