John Barclay has produced more than 250 corporate and educational productions since winning the Canadian Independent Short Film Showcase award in 1983 for “Bay Street Tap”. With three other partners he established Triune Productions Inc. in 1985 and thirty years later became the sole owner.
With a belief that effective media can be a catalyst for social change, John has produced (pro bono) many videos for local community groups. You can view some of them here. With his fundraising and sponsorship experience in both the public and private sectors, John has developed winning proposals for the Kemptville Farmers’ Market, the 2014 Dandelion Festival and the Old Town Kemptville Business Improvement Area, for which he acts as Executive Director.
Believing that economic development and community development go hand-in-hand, John has supported and strengthened many promising initiatives and organizations in North Grenville. These include the Kemptville Youth Centre and the Kemptville Farmers’ Market as well as key heritage projects and community events through the Oxford Mills Community Association. He is a member of North Grenville’s Economic Development Advisory Committee.
John’s Volunteer Activities
- Director, 2014 – 2016, 2018 Kemptville Kinsmen Farmers’ Market
- Director, 2009 – 2018 Oxford Mills Community Association
- Member, 2015 – 2018 Economic Development Advisory Committee, Municipality of North Grenville
- Director, 2014 Dandelion Festival
- Member, 2013 – 2018 MyView Youth Film Festival Organizing Committee
- Member, 2013 – 2016 MarketPlates Organizing Committee
- Member, 2014 -2018 Kemptville College Renewal Task Force, Communications Sub-Committee
- Founding Member and Private, 1812 Grenville Militia
- Founding member and Executive Director, Triune Arts