John Barclay has been a community leader in North Grenville for several years and is eager to bring his leadership skills, his economic development and community development background, to the role of Councillor for the Municipality of North Grenville.
Quick Bio: born 62 years ago in Pembroke; Ontario; an “Army Brat”; single father of one son aged 27; B.F.A. (Specialized Honours Film Production), York University 1980; established Triune Productions Inc. in 1985; moved to Oxford Mills in 2009.
Believing that economic development and community development go hand-in-hand, John has supported and strengthened many promising initiatives and organizations in North Grenville, including the Kemptville Youth Centre and the Kemptville Farmers’ Market as well as key heritage projects and community events through the Oxford Mills Community Association.
With his fundraising and sponsorship experience in both the public and private sectors, John has developed winning proposals for the Kemptville Farmers’ Market, the 2014 Dandelion Festival and the Old Town Kemptville Business Improvement Area (BIA). He’s interrupted his work as Executive Director of the BIA for the time being in order to run for election.
John is currently a member of North Grenville’s Economic Development Advisory Committee; was nominated in 2014 for the Bill Thake Memorial Economic Development Leadership Award and most recently he was nominated for the 2018 Harry Pratt Ambassador of the Year Award.
An accomplished film/video Producer/Director/Editor, John Barclay has produced more than 270 corporate and educational productions since winning the Canadian Independent Short Film Showcase award in 1983 for “Bay Street Tap”. With three other partners he established Triune Productions Inc. in 1985, moved the business to Oxford Mills in 2009 and in 2015 became its sole owner. To find out more, including links to his informative and entertaining videos, click the tab About Triune Productions Inc. above.
John’s Volunteer Activities
- Director, 2014 – 2016, 2018 Kemptville Farmers’ Market
- Director, 2009 – 2018 Oxford Mills Community Association
- Member, 2015 – 2018 Economic Development Advisory Committee, Municipality of North Grenville
- Director, 2014 Dandelion Festival
- Member, 2013 – 2018 MyView Youth Film Festival Organizing Committee
- Member, 2013 – 2016 MarketPlates Organizing Committee
- Member, 2014 -2018 Kemptville College Renewal Task Force, Communications Sub-Committee
- Founding Member and Private, 1812 Grenville Militia
- Founding member and Executive Director, Triune Arts
- Please donate what you can. It takes volunteers and financial resources to run an effective campaign; signs, print ads, social media advertising and brochures, for example. When you donate, bear in mind that Municipal election law requires that you share your name and address with us so we can issue receipts for donations greater than $25. (I’d rather receive a lot of small donations than have just a few large donors,btw) It also requires that all donations of $100 or more be listed publicly at the end of the campaign.
If by cheque, make it out to:
“John Barclay Campaign”
1804 Bedell Road RR#5
Kemptville ON K0G 1J0